My journey in fitness started when I was 16 right after high school graduation. I weighed a whopping 118 pounds and I was tired of being the little skinny kid.
I was blessed to walk into a Nautilus gym and meet John the owner. He taught me one of the most valuable things that still applies today in everything that I do; “move well and get strong” by focusing on those 2 elements and adding proper nutrition to the mix, you can accomplish any fitness goals you have.
John’s passion for fitness and training others rubbed off on me and I started applying what I’ve learned with others- friends, family, whoever… before I knew it, I was the go-to guy in my neighborhood when it came to getting fit.
During my time in the US Army, one of my tasks was to help train my unit and keep them combat ready. Till this day we’re still one of the best performing units when it came to physical fitness tests.
I love fitness, movement and nutrition in general so it only made sense that I learned everything I could about nutrition and all the different styles and types of movement: Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Gymnastics, Rowing, Track & Field/Running, Animal Flow, Clubs & Maces, Strongman, Crossfit, Battle ropes, Kettlebells, Dumbbells, Conventional Weightlifting, Soccer, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Racketball, Handball, Golf, you name it, if it has to do with moving I’ve probably done it.
I’m a student of movement and nutrition and I will continue to be until I take my last breath. I practice everything I teach.
- If you’re tired of the fad diets or “the new methods training” or the “the new gimmicks” and you wanna learn real, practical and proven ways to train,
- If you’re tired of dealing with pain when you move or not knowing how to exercise properly or being afraid of hurting yourself in a gym environment,
- If you’re tired of being injured or recovering from surgery or an injury and want to make sure you learn the right way to recover and train so you don’t get hurt again, you’re in the right place.
- If you think you’re too “old” or too “out of shape” or don’t know what to do, If getting in shape or losing weight used to be easy but now seems impossible or extremely difficult no matter what you do you’re in the right place.
- If you’re tired of making excuses for not reaching your goals or not getting what you want, If you find yourself saying a few years ago or when I was young I could do … or I use to be able to do …
- If you still believe you have some “good days” left, you’re absolutely in the right place.